Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data/27/1/86/63/1901389/user/2068964/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 106
Plotdigger Films Forum • View topic - Non Horror Films

Non Horror Films

The forum for Plotdigger Films Inc.

Moderator: Danitor

Non Horror Films

Postby GIGANTOR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 am

What movies are you watching these days?
Last edited by GIGANTOR on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
GIGANTOR

Re: Non Horror Movies

Postby Marco » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Superhero Movie, great laugh, also been catching up on some rare westerns: God Forgives ... I don't and The Big Gundown both worth checking out if you like westerns!
Marco

Postby Gigantor2 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 pm

Hey Marco what other Westerns have you been watching recently?
Gigantor2

Postby Marco » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 am

Hi mate, Lucio Fulci's Silver Saddle (1978) most of the Django series, all classics. Blindman starring Ringo Star, Why Go On Killing from 1965 directed by José Antonio de la Loma who's made quite a few classics and A Gun for a Hundred Graves (1968) directed by Umberto Lenzi and well worth checking out!!
I've still got loads to watch yet, just not enough hours in a day!!
Marco

Postby Gigantor2 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:52 pm

I've still got loads to watch yet, just not enough hours in a day!![/quote]

Ha ha I hear you bigtime
Gigantor2

Re: Non Horror Films

Postby ClockworkVirus » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Been playing catch-up recently:

Top-tier movies: THE HOLY MOUNTAIN, LIQUID SKY, SHIVERS, RICHARD III, BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE, COFFY, HAUSU (HOUSE), BLACK SUNDAY

Recommended movies: FOXY BROWN, BLACULA, HARD REVENGE MILLY 2: BLOODY BATTLE, LA HORDE, BLACK DYNAMITE, HELLEVATOR, ZODIAC, THE ABYSS, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2, THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!, SPELLBOUND, HONG KONG GODFATHER (1985)

Take-or-leave movies: EQUILIBRIUM, THE MACHINE GIRL, HARD REVENGE MILLY

Shitty movies: ATTACK GIRLS SWIM TEAM VS. THE UNDEAD

The shittiest movie I've ever seen, and probably one of the funniest: BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR
ClockworkVirus
Site Admin

Postby GIGANTOR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 am

ClockworkVirus wrote:Been playing catch-up recently:

Top-tier movies: THE HOLY MOUNTAIN, LIQUID SKY, SHIVERS, RICHARD III, BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE, COFFY, HAUSU (HOUSE), BLACK SUNDAY

Recommended movies: FOXY BROWN, BLACULA, HARD REVENGE MILLY 2: BLOODY BATTLE, LA HORDE, BLACK DYNAMITE, HELLEVATOR, ZODIAC, THE ABYSS, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2, THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR. PARNASSUS, FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!, SPELLBOUND, HONG KONG GODFATHER (1985)

Take-or-leave movies: EQUILIBRIUM, THE MACHINE GIRL, HARD REVENGE MILLY

Shitty movies: ATTACK GIRLS SWIM TEAM VS. THE UNDEAD

The shittiest movie I've ever seen, and probably one of the funniest: BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR

Oh yes HK GODFATHER is a GREAT film!
GIGANTOR

Postby Plotdigger » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:31 am

I watched ``The Runaways`` and enjoyed it...I thought the two Twilight girls did a great job and a little bit of titty would`ve been greatly appreciated! Whoops...I would hope Dakota Fanning is of age! :)
Plotdigger

Postby Plotdigger » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:36 am

Marco wrote:Superhero Movie, great laugh, also been catching up on some rare westerns: God Forgives ... I don't and The Big Gundown both worth checking out if you like westerns!

Did you ever see `The Hunting Party` with Gene Hackman and Oliver Reed...great movie! Oh and Candice Bergen is in it!!
Plotdigger

Postby GIGANTOR » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 pm

MEATBALLS 2
GIGANTOR

Postby ClockworkVirus » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm

GIGANTOR wrote:Oh yes HK GODFATHER is a GREAT film!

Damn right it was! Climax is amazing, right up there with the final battles of IRON MONKEY and TIGER ON THE BEAT for me. I wish Shaw Brothers had done more modern-day films; I love how that over-the-top aesthetic translates to a crime story.

Non-horror movies: Just watched a screening of the restored METROPOLIS, still playing in select art-house theatres in North America. A legendary movie and a great theatre experience. Let's hope that one day an even more complete version is found.
ClockworkVirus
Site Admin

Postby GIGANTOR » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm

ClockworkVirus wrote:
GIGANTOR wrote:Oh yes HK GODFATHER is a GREAT film!

Damn right it was! Climax is amazing, right up there with the final battles of IRON MONKEY and TIGER ON THE BEAT for me. I wish Shaw Brothers had done more modern-day films; I love how that over-the-top aesthetic translates to a crime story.

The odd thing with most Martial atrs fans is that they tend to stick up their noses at Kung fu movies with a modern setting for some reason,Weird!
GIGANTOR

Return to Plotdigger Films Forum